By Ricky Cortez
I’m the IT coordinator here and will occasionally blog about issues relating to tech inside a non-profit organization that uses technology all the time. I am also going to be sharing thoughts about human rights issues that are of personal import. As a potential adoptive parent in a same sex relationship I will also focus on LGBT and family rights. In my first post in what I hope will be a series, I want to share some links and ways to take action around what I consider an alarming trend in Africa and in particular Uganda, with respect to LGBT rights.
My first focus: Uganda
In a country struggling with post conflict recovery is Uganda’s anti-gay bill creating permanent isolation?
To Learn More:
- Anti-Homosexual bill in Uganda causes global uproar
- Congress introduces resolution condemning Uganda legislation
- UK plans to block Uganda MP who supports “kill the gays” bill
What You Can Do:
- Sign this petition and tell your friends
- Fight for human rights at Care 2 Make a Difference
- Show your support – Join the Cause on Facebook
Ricky Cortez is the IT Coordinator at WITNESS