- Menggunakan Video Sebagai Alat Perjuangan Keadilan Lingkungan Ditulis oleh Dalila Mujagic dan Meghana Bahar. Blog ini adalah hasil terjemahan dari versi asli berbahasa Inggris. Tulisan ini didedikasikan untuk leluhur kita, bumi, semesta dan segala isinya, yang untuk kita selalu mengingat yang memberi kehidupan. Dengan memberi hormat kepada leluhur, kita juga memberi hormat kepada ibu bumi. WITNESS meluncurkan panduan terbaru ‘Video sebagai Alat […]
- Use Video in the Fight for Earth Justice Written by Dalila Mujagic and Meghana Bahar. This post is dedicated to our ancestors, human and other-than-human, who remind us that to constantly re-root ourselves into the soil is to decolonize justice. We honor the wildness of Mother Earth whom the ancients strove to eternally water. In their memory, we continue the fight for Earth […]
- Filming for the Rights of the Papuan People and Land Since a takeover in the 1960s, West Papua has faced relentless human rights abuse and environmental damage as Indonesia plunders its resource-rich land. The region is host to the American and British-owned Freeport mine, the largest gold mine in the world, which has effectively poisoned the local river system and reduced a sacred mountain to […]
- YOUTH V GOV: A Beacon of Hope YOUTH v GOV, a transformative film directed by former WITNESS partner Christi Cooper about the unparalleled work of another former partner, Our Children’s Trust, premieres at the prestigious DOC NYC Film Festival from November 11-19, 2020. Tickets can be purchased here. The next chance to watch this must-see film won’t be until 2021 so don’t […]
- This Week on the Human Rights Channel: Burkina Faso, France, and Iraq Citizen video documents the unfolding events in Burkina Faso. Protesters in France respond to the death of an environmental activist, and eyewitness footage captures a massacre in Iraq.
- Why would adults from the Oil and Gas Industry bully 10 and 13 year old kids? I am writing this op-ed because I want to know why the biggest, most powerful industry is picking on kids who are trying to educate their peers about an issue they are passionate about.
- TRUST Colorado: Understanding What It Means to Protect Our Atmosphere Justinian concluded that these essential, common, natural resources belong to everyone and not just the Emperor or the privileged. Consequently, the Roman Empire protected these resources in trust, for the public. This hallowed legal principle, referred to as the Public Trust Doctrine, is perhaps most simply explained by 11-year-old Xiuhtezcatl Martinez...
- TRUST: Alaska Youth Call on Our Governments to Restore our Atmosphere With the international climate talks wrapped in Durban, South Africa the reviews are mixed. World leaders touted their success in reaching the Durban Platform, but observers outside the negotiations are much more skeptical.
- Celebrate Thanksgiving by Supporting Our Youth Fighting For a Healthy Atmosphere As we gather to spend time with families and friends this Thanksgiving, and share stories from the past and hopes for the future, I want to take a moment to share a story about a group of remarkable youth who are taking action to ensure a healthy future for us all. I have been traveling across the United States over the past few months with our partner, the iMatter Campaign, and have met extraordinary youth who are taking big steps to protect our atmosphere and our collective future.